Position available for a freelance photography tour guide
Aperture Tours, an international photography tour company, is seeking skilled photographers to lead photo tours of various cities to predominantly tourists. We are currently running tours in Amsterdam, Berlin, Dubai, Hong Kong, Lisbon, London, Melbourne, Milan, Paris, Prague, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Venice and Verona. We are filling up guides in our existing cities and adding more cities to our list.
Positions Open :
- Photography guide - Seoul
- Photography guide - Singapore
- Photography guide - Kyoto
- Photography guide - Melbourne
- Photography guide - Dubai
Expressions of Interest Welcome :
- Photography guide - Florence
- Photography guide - Rome
We host private small group tours in cities across the world. Our clients vary in skill from complete amateurs who just opened the box to their camera, up to semi-professionals who are usually looking for the best spots to capture your city. Their ages range, but more often than not fall into the 40-60-year-old category. They come from many countries in the world, but the largest markets are Americans, Canadians and Australians. The one thing that all of our guests share is a passion for photography. You will become their guide to teach them how to get better images from their camera, where the best spots to shoot are from, and how they can improve their photography. The tours are enjoyable, and the clients we get are always interesting, friendly people.
Your responsibilities :
- Host private small groups (Max 4 guests, but usually only 1 or 2) of amateur photographers for predominantly three-hour tours of your city
- Be able to teach photography essentials, such as aperture, shutter, ISO, manual settings, as well as composition, framing lighting, etc.
- Be capable of engaging in high-level photographic discussion on a range of photographic technique and styles
- Know your city well to be able to navigate to good photography locations
- Maintain an up to date schedule
Ideal candidates will meet the following criteria:
- You must be currently working as a professional photographer.
- Be able to work flexible hours and be open to last minute bookings (never less than 24h notice)
- Two years professional experience or a degree with a photography focus
- Have a professional website (applications without a website will NOT be considered)
- Proficiency in the English language especially in regards to technical terms of photography; multilingual would be an advantage
- Outgoing and friendly personality
- Have a tax code and be able to work as a freelance photographer under your country's tax code.
- Landscape and/or street photographers will are preferred.
Please view our website to familiarise yourself with the kind of tours we offer and what our clients will expect to learn. The position is flexible and on an as-needed basis. Our booking system allows you to provide details of your schedule so that you will only have tours booked on dates you are currently free. This way we can ensure that you do not miss out on other photography jobs, while collecting some cash when is convenient to you.
For candidates with a strong portrait portfolio, we also offer portrait sessions, typically aimed at couples (engagement, honeymoon, anniversaries) and families, while they are travelling. We arrange the clients, and all you have to do is turn up and shoot.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your website, a CV and a brief statement about your photography. (please note: applications without portfolio website will not be considered). We look forward to speaking with you!
- Pay of 30€ / 40,000KRW / 45 AUD / 48 SGD / 25£ / 280 HKD / 4000¥ per hour (including all tax or other governmental fees) plus tips
- Pay Cycle: Monthly
- Tours are on a freelance basis that can range from a one to a half a dozen a month or more depending on the demand and your availability schedule.
Regards, The Aperture Team